Saints released Michael Thomas per Duncan; Thomas & Winston are Post-June 1 cuts (1 Viewer)

I wonder what other NFL teams think about a player who goes off like this?
Does it prevent them from having an interest knowing he has these outbursts?
I doubt it very much. Is it THAT unusual these days? I think his health is going to be the deciding factor.

Last edited:
Our Head Coach who apologized to our biggest rival for “running up the score” and threw players under the bus has drug this organization through the mud more than MT ever did.
At least DA is available on game day and attempting to be professional.

IDK what happened with MT, but it's time to move on. He's no Colston and he could have been so much more.

Man, like what even happened? Right before last year kicked off Carr and Thomas were building great chemistry and hitting it off so well. The whole thing is just strange and unfortunate.

Not to excuse the behavior, and I am no psychologist, but I think MT is tired of absolutely nothing going his way anymore, and he’s acting out as a result.

He’s had quite an understandably frustrating career arc.

He was destined to be a first ballot HOFer, but he’s now on the verge of going out as “Just a guy,” one of many players in the “Hall of Very Good but Easily Forgotten,” right alongside the likes of Herman Moore, Anthony Miller, Andre Rison, Carl Pickens, Mushin Muhammad, Anquan Boldin, etc.

Last edited:
And this is why years ago I said it was premature to crown Thomas as the best Saints receiver of all time. You have to let their careers play out. Sometimes it's injuries... Sometimes it's other things. Give me Colston any day.

Well Duncan did make sure to throw in a few paragraphs about his "moody and at-times difficult personality" and off the field stuff. It was not just regurgitation of a press release announcing his release - he got into some of the dirty laundry the team wants out there about CGM - which is Mike's point.
It’s factual events that happened though. Thomas did have run-ins with teammates and coaches. He showed malcontent behavior on his twitter account by embarrassing his QB and FO multiple times live during games and after the season just recently. It’s Duncan’s job to report everything about the team and players from a balanced, unbiased POV. He can’t get mad at Duncan for reporting factual events about his career, the good and the bad, without taking major accountability about himself. MT is quick to publicly trash someone on the team or reporter covering the team but never holds himself accountable for anything he does wrong amongst the team.

The amount of “punk” “slant man” “quit on us” being said about Mike is so sad to see. Man gave his all for our organization.

Ruined his health coming back early to try to help Drew get a ring, never stopped grinding his way back from injury.

I don’t like how it ended with Mike but the disrespect is crazy to me. One of my all time favorite saints without question. Hope he goes and drops 1300 yards next year.

Edit: and the saints were not fools for giving him his contract, year one of the deal he won offensive player of the year. He can’t help he got injured.
1709860946400.gif

Time to part ways for sure. I hated the way he handled himself this past year. But I can also acknowledge he's the best WR in Saints history (not Colston, not Horn, or anyone else).
Not sure he is the best in Saints history but he did have the best 1 season in Saints histroy and one of the best in NFL 1 season in histroy. He did however get a fat payday and then sheet the bed ....

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom