Spoiler Spoiler Thread: Avengers Infinity War (1 Viewer)

I have a theory...

Remember the scene from the trailers where they were all charging in Wakanda and Hulk was there? Wasn't in the movie. Also, there was a toy and a lot of talk about Hulk busting out of the Hulkbuster armor, but that never happened.

What if those were scenes from Avengers 4 that they shot while filming Avengers 3? What if we get the Battle of Wakanda fought all over again because of some fancy time travel stuff and they filmed that at the same time they filmed the scenes for Infinity War?

They probably filmed that Trailer first thing so they could have for promo. They didn't want Hulk to be completely jobbed so they changed him to not come out and they inserted the Hulk Buster, which is why the CGI for Bruce in the buster looked so terrible at the end of the movie. The CGI of Bruce's head in the buster was jarring and was the only part of the movie that removed my immersion from the film.

Cut off his hand?

Haha, saw it this morning with my wife (not a comic book fan) and that was her only comment: "why didn't Iron Man or the wizard guy just laser his hand off instead of trying to take his glove off?"

I have a theory...

Remember the scene from the trailers where they were all charging in Wakanda and Hulk was there? Wasn't in the movie. Also, there was a toy and a lot of talk about Hulk busting out of the Hulkbuster armor, but that never happened.

What if those were scenes from Avengers 4 that they shot while filming Avengers 3? What if we get the Battle of Wakanda fought all over again because of some fancy time travel stuff and they filmed that at the same time they filmed the scenes for Infinity War?

That's possible. But honestly, I think it was just an intentional misdirect by the studio. They put a concerted effort into misleading people heading into the movie so that nobody would figure everything out ahead of time. The directors have given several interviews since the release of the movie stating as much.

Also, they gave an interview today. Someone asked them if the title for Avengers 4 was said at all, included in any dialogue, from Infinity War. They said it was not. And that it's also not an adaptation of an existing Marvel story line. So it won't be called "Avengers: Endgame." They also specifically shot down "Avengers Forever."

I'm still thinking Avengers: Reborn, or something like that. They said the title would be a spoiler for IW. That's one of the few things that would spoil it.

I have a theory...

I like this theory. I really do, but I think it's just the studios with a bit of slight of hand misdirection.

So without me reading this thread (in order to avoid spoilers)....

If I were more or less ignorant of all the movies yet wanted to catch up a bit before watching this....what should I prioritize?

Haha, saw it this morning with my wife (not a comic book fan) and that was her only comment: "why didn't Iron Man or the wizard guy just laser his hand off instead of trying to take his glove off?"

Remember, nothing they had could hurt him like that. Only Thor's Stormbreaker would be able to cut him, and that wasn't an option at that time.

So without me reading this thread (in order to avoid spoilers)....

If I were more or less ignorant of all the movies yet wanted to catch up a bit before watching this....what should I prioritize?

#1, you can cram it.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U5sb8LBeaQQ&t=1s

#2 Otherwise... At a minimum, I'd watch the Avengers, Avengers Age of Ultron, Thor: Ragnarok, Guardians of the Galaxy, Guardians of the Galaxy 2, Captain America Civil War, Dr. Strange.... I'd consider the other two Captain America's and at least the first Iron Man... and since it just came out Digitally, Black Panther.

But cramming it might be easier.

Its about 31 hour marathon if you plan to watch all the pertinent movies.

I read something that's very interesting. In Doctor Strange the Ancient One said that she would view the future to see what happens but that she could never see beyond her death. Well Dr. Strange in Infinity War saw the one outcome where we win. So how did he see beyond the finger snap? If he died after the snap then he wouldn't have been able to see that one outcome and yet he did. I'm thinking he's in the soul stone as well. Or else the finger snap doesn't count as death so he was able to see that far ahead.

Well in the only one that they won, he would have been brought back to life, so he could actually see the results. I imagine many of the different versions of what he saw there was an unsnap. But most of what he saw probably ended once Thanos eventually made his snap. When did Thanos snap his fingers though? Was it always in the same moment? Probably not.

Edit: Or they win and he lives beyond this point, and no matter what happens they always chose the right path cause they are the Avengers...

Last edited:
I read something that's very interesting. In Doctor Strange the Ancient One said that she would view the future to see what happens but that she could never see beyond her death. Well Dr. Strange in Infinity War saw the one outcome where we win. So how did he see beyond the finger snap? If he died after the snap then he wouldn't have been able to see that one outcome and yet he did. I'm thinking he's in the soul stone as well. Or else the finger snap doesn't count as death so he was able to see that far ahead.
Was The Ancient One using the Time Stone to view the future? I don't recall seeing her wearing it.

Groot's last line in Infinity War translated...

In “Infinity War,” a teenage Groot suddenly dies when Thanos (Josh Brolin) kills half the life in the universe with a snap. As Groot is fading into oblivion, he says one last “I am Groot” to Rocket, which only the foul-mouthed critter could understand.
That is, until now.
When a fan asked Gunn on Twitter what Groot actually said, the director offered up a translation.

"
View: https://twitter.com/JamesGunn/status/993265674616221696?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

Groot’s Last Line In ‘Infinity War’ Has Been Revealed And It Will Wreck You

200.gif

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom