Star Trek: Strange New Worlds (1 Viewer)

No, Not alpha braga four!

Aargh matey's

The latest episode was great!

Last edited:
Another really good episode. Seriously not a bad episode in this series, just different levels of good.

'How close do you wanna get? First date or third date?
'Blind date.'
'Copy. Proceeding with caution sir.'

That and Pike doing his pirate imitation were hilarious. Such a solid episode. The cooking/mutiny stuff was great, and Spock is so money w/ the ladies, he doesn't even know it. Man, I'm developing a crush on Nurse Chapel lol...

On a side note, even though it's basically Star Trek-lite, I have been enjoying the show The Orville. I thought it was going to be Seth McFarlane doing the Family Guy version of Star Trek, but I've been surprisingly impressed w/ much of the story and episode arcs. There have been a lot of solid takes on social issues and the CGI is pretty good, especially now that the show moved to Hulu. It's easy to see how the show mirrors Star Trek in many ways...

I really enjoy this show. My only issue is the amount of focus on Spock. This is all redundant. We have explored his conflict between his human and Vulcan self so much. They aren’t really giving us anything new in that regard. They also aren’t doing it necessarily better than it’s been done before.

All of that would be fine if they didn’t spend so much time on it like they found some cool new angle to his internal struggle.

That is literally my only complaint. I love every single thing else about this show.

Still killing it! Highly enjoyable first season continues.

Hemmer-watch continues. :mad1:

And Sybok! Nice.
Hemmer-watch over! Excellent episode. I really like the blend of TOS and TNG they use, echoes of Who Mourns for Adonis and any holodeck episode.

Also, I'm so tired of all the commercials on P+. I don't get commercials on D+ and pay basically the same thing for both.

Been a minute since I posted but wanted to come on and say how much I am loving SNW as many of you are. It seems like they have went back to some of the formula that made ST so lovable for so long. Pike is great probably wherever you put him. However, the other characters are also good enough that you care about them. I thought "Spock Amok" has been the best so far cause it was so classic Trek. Like others have said, really not a bad episode yet. Really looking forward to episodes now!

Wow, another great episode. And what a choice by the doctor.

And so many good lines from Hemmer! He is an excellent wizard. :hihi:

Just because.

a.jpg
original-4206419-1.jpg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom