The Expanse (1 Viewer)

Alan

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
Sticky Post
Anyone else watching this new series on Syfy?

I thought the first episode was a bit dull (character intros etc) but I usually wait until episode 4 or so before I write off a new series. Episode 2 warmed up but episode 3 and 4 was like wow, you now have my full attention!

Any Syfy buffs out there would do well to watch this new series.

LonghornSaint

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Loving it! Binged S4 twice now. I like the development of Avasarala with her inability to handle political election, and the development of Ashford into a bigger picture (less personal vendetta) person. Bobbie is still a total badass despite no longer being a gung-ho marine.

guidomerkinsrules

W H A T E V I R
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Man, this scene was Amos going full Amos and it was awesome...

Amos, 'The others don't get it yet, but uh, I know what you are.'
Murtry, 'Huh. And what is that.'
Amos, 'A killer. You have all of these excuses that you seem right, but the truth is, your dick got hard when you smoked that guy in front of everybody, and you can't wait to do it again.'
Murtry, 'Speaking from experience?'
Amos, 'Not really. But, from one killer to another, you don't wanna try that shirt with my people.'
Murtry, 'Someday, I think you and I are going to end up bloody.'
Amos, 'How 'bout now? I'm free right now.'
Just watched that seen last night
Amazing

Humperdoo

Who Dat.
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
Already love Amos on this show a he’s a bad man....but that scene I just watched made me love the character even more. Stand off with Murtry episode 3 of the new season. Wow. Goosebumps. “One of these days I think you and I are gone end up bloody.”
“How bout now, I’m free right now.” Boom. Love it.

guidomerkinsrules

W H A T E V I R
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Just finished the season
I have to say it started a bit slow for me - and I never got into the Earth story - but man did it pick up steam about 1/2 way through
It’s still up there with BSG for favorite sci-fi of all time

FL_Saint

Subscribing Member
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
I had watched the first season and then kinda forgot about it. Started from the beginning last week and I am on the current season now. Really enjoying the show and, yeah, Amos is the coolest character on TV right now.

Humperdoo

Who Dat.
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
I had watched the first season and then kinda forgot about it. Started from the beginning last week and I am on the current season now. Really enjoying the show and, yeah, Amos is the coolest character on TV right now.
Amos is the man!

Brad Mojo

Funkier than you.
Reaction score
Actually Avarasala (sp?) is the most bad arse. Amos is close 2nd though.

Brad Mojo

Funkier than you.
Reaction score
If you enjoy the series, I highly recommend the books. There are enough differences that you can enjoy both. One of the very few book/movie adaptations where both book and series are equally as good.

Brad Mojo

Funkier than you.
Reaction score
I just finished the book that should be the next TV season, whenever that will be. No spoilers, but if anyone thought that the last season was kind of slow compared to the first seasons, don't give up, the next season should be awesome.

FL_Saint

Subscribing Member
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
I just finished this season. Wow, this has gotten very good, hasn't it? Well, I guess it has always been pretty good.

Oh my Lord . . . the look on his face after Mertry hit him. I actually felt bad for the beat down this guy is going to get.

guidomerkinsrules

W H A T E V I R
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I just finished the book that should be the next TV season, whenever that will be. No spoilers, but if anyone thought that the last season was kind of slow compared to the first seasons, don't give up, the next season should be awesome.
The only issue with last season was they needed to keep Draper a consistent presence (and I’m all for that), but her plot just needed that last button at the end - that and the election plot weren’t as strong as their previous season counterparts

Brad Mojo

Funkier than you.
Reaction score
Oh absolutely not
DO.NOT.LIKE
You don't have to be insecure about her being so much smarter than you. Open your mind and give the books a read. If you are truly objective, you must come to the conclusion that she is the most awesomest.

Most of her dialogue is so on point it makes you pause a moment and just think about it. Reminded me of Tyrion Lannister in the first few seasons of GOT.

The election subplot doesn't even exist in the books. I agree it was slow and irrelevant in the big picture.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

New Orleans Saints Twitter Feed

Headlines

Top Bottom