The Expanse (1 Viewer)

Alan

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
Sticky Post
Anyone else watching this new series on Syfy?

I thought the first episode was a bit dull (character intros etc) but I usually wait until episode 4 or so before I write off a new series. Episode 2 warmed up but episode 3 and 4 was like wow, you now have my full attention!

Any Syfy buffs out there would do well to watch this new series.

Reaction score
I watched 3 full episodes yesterday.
I looked yesterday and only saw 2. Just rechecked and indeed there are 3 now. IDK, maybe Jeff has a grudge against me for some reason. I waited till the divorce was final to ask her out and even then she declined.

Maxp

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Just finished ep 5.

Good stuff.
Wait, episodes 4 and 5 were released? Just finished 4 and they really did a fantastic job.

I don't think it has been mentioned in this thread, but the actor who portrays Alex will not be back next season because of a substantial amount of harassment allegations.

guidomerkinsrules

W H A T E V I R
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Wait, episodes 4 and 5 were released? Just finished 4 and they really did a fantastic job.

I don't think it has been mentioned in this thread, but the actor who portrays Alex will not be back next season because of a substantial amount of harassment allegations.
I’m not sure that’s exactly accurate
what I heard was that the character Alex is not in the book that next season is based on - after that the show has to figure out what to do with that actor/character
(supposedly he’d been hooking up with fans he met at Cons - several of whom were underage)

Maxp

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
I've read all the books, I don't remember Alex not being in any of them. The show writers haven't followed the books exactly so who knows.

guidomerkinsrules

W H A T E V I R
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I've read all the books, I don't remember Alex not being in any of them. The show writers haven't followed the books exactly so who knows.
That’s what I had heard from a podcast
They hardly ever do much behind the scenes stuff and usually stick to just commenting on the shows they do
It’s one of the reasons I paid attention bc they hardly ever talk about that stuff
(One of them is a hardcore book reader and he was the one talking about the character missing)
That’s about all I ‘know’ about it (except for the bit of googling I did right after)

guidomerkinsrules

W H A T E V I R
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
The bit of reading says next is the last season anyway- and he’s gone for that season
Maybe the pod was speculating about potential mini-series or movies
(I’m confused about what I heard now)

guidomerkinsrules

W H A T E V I R
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
The bit of reading says next is the last season anyway- and he’s gone for that season
Maybe the pod was speculating about potential mini-series or movies
(I’m confused about what I heard now)
while i don't think the production lines up with the timeline of accusations, i found it very interesting that Bull took over the pilot's chair

Brad Mojo

Funkier than you.
Reaction score
I can't believe there are only 3 episodes left. It has been confirmed that season 6 will be the last. If so, then they are going to have to cut out A LOT of material from the books. Practically cut out entire books.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

New Orleans Saints Twitter Feed

Headlines

Top Bottom