Titanic submersible es morte (2 Viewers)

Oh, I think it's definitely plausible. The pipe rupture I'm referring to that blew my friend's leg off wasn't 50k psi. I don't remember what it was, but I want to say maybe 5k to 10k psi, which is within range of pressures at the depths around the Titanic. The pipe rupture took 2 inches of bone out of his lower leg.

It's possible I'm misremembering the psi, but that's what I recall off the top of my head.
When you posted this I immediately thought about an accident that happened in the shipyard where a hydraulic line blew and messed a guy up really bad. People were talking about how they found his keys inside him.

I read a WaPo article this morning describing carbon fiber as a questionable choice when most submersibles are titanium. Apparently carbon fiber was used on this one because it allowed for a larger vehicle to accommodate guests, but one theory was that repeated dives and exposure to pressure gradually weakened the hull and that it was only a matter of time until a catastrophic failure occurred.
A friend of mine's uncle served on the USS Scorpion. He posted it on his FB page. It also went down
because much needed overhauls were put off until it was too late. Fwiw,his uncle was not on the sub
when it went down.

The debris of the submersible was discovered on the seafloor, about 1,600 feet from the bow of the Titanic.

I initially thought the debris was found on the surface. This would explain the delayed response time as to the results.

Why did you go to the "trouble" of having all that translated (is it really that much trouble to translate anything these days)? The part I quoted is the very first sentence tells you all you need to know from the link, and again, you don't need to speak Spanish to know what it says:
Spanish: 120,000 millones de pesos
English: 120,000 million of pesos.

The piece makes no attempt to convert millions to billions because, again, in the Spanish speaking world, 120,000 million has not reached 1 billion.

Math is math in the known universe, but the nomenclature of units of measure is different. 120,000 million and 120 billion, they are the same amount of units, we just use different terms. Like, say, 12 units vs 1 dozen. Same number of units, just different terms.
A billion was originally a million million, going back to the 16th century. 'Bi' indicating the second power of a million, 'tri' indicating the third power, etc., millions of millions.

But then the French changed it to thousands, instead of millions, hence French 'billion' meaning a thousand millions, while elsewhere it was still meaning million of millions.

19th Century US adopted the French meaning, and then gradually the UK adopted it as well. But I'm not at all surprised if there are still languages using the original meaning.
Please make it stop
@Saintman2884

Please make it stop

Also,

arnold-shut-up.gif

Come on man…. I would vote for you to be an admin. I almost feel you believe I would abuse the power.

That’s it, I am officially throwing my hat in the ring to be an admin! Vote for me and I promise crawfish in every pot and less crime, more posts blah blah blah.

Come on man…. I would vote for you to be an admin. I almost feel you believe I would abuse the power.
I fear you would be the only to vote for that (including me)
Power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutely
It’s not that I feel you would abuse it, I just wouldn’t want to see a soul as good as your wrestling with such temptation
(Only half joking, I do think you’re a good egg - I’m being poetic with the soul thing but not sarcastic)

otoh, if someone like Marsha had the power 😳
I could see her infracting me over any number of things then making me post like DadsDream for a week before I was freed (perhaps that was sarcasm)

MORE posts? You lost me there
I mean I didn’t say more posts from me, just more in general.

Ladies and gentlemen, let me tell you something. I am doing tremendous. The polls, they love me. They say, "Wow, this guy is fantastic. Nobody has ever seen anything like it." My numbers are through the roof. People can't get enough of me. They're saying, "We need this guy. He's a winner." And you know what? They're right.

I'm also getting tremendous support. People are lining up to donate to my campaign. They're saying, "Take my money. Take it all. We believe in you." It's incredible. I've got the best supporters, the most loyal people you've ever seen. They're smart, they're successful, and they know a winner when they see one.

So let me tell you, folks, the future is bright. With your support, we're going to make this forum great again. We're going to post so much, you'll get tired of posting. Believe me, it's going to be incredible. Thank you, and God bless America!

Ladies and gentlemen, let me tell you something. I am doing tremendous. The polls, they love me. They say, "Wow, this guy is fantastic. Nobody has ever seen anything like it." My numbers are through the roof. People can't get enough of me. They're saying, "We need this guy. He's a winner." And you know what? They're right.

I'm also getting tremendous support. People are lining up to donate to my campaign. They're saying, "Take my money. Take it all. We believe in you." It's incredible. I've got the best supporters, the most loyal people you've ever seen. They're smart, they're successful, and they know a winner when they see one.

So let me tell you, folks, the future is bright. With your support, we're going to make this forum great again. We're going to post so much, you'll get tired of posting. Believe me, it's going to be incredible. Thank you, and God bless America!
The resemblance is uncanny!

Build a Paywall!!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom