Are you willing to get the Covid vaccine when offered? (43 Viewers)

Will you get the covid vaccine when offered?

• Yes

Votes: 278 73.2%
  • No

Votes: 106 27.9%

• Total voters
I got the stupid vaccine, and got Covid anyway and it had me down about 5 days.
My neighbor across the street did not get the vaccine, got Covid also (a little before I did), and was down 2 days.

We are about the same age and physical condition. I know there is more to it than that, but...

Vaccine sucks.

You're using an unsourced and unverified article...yeah. Well, the nurse claims that most doctors and nurses in Louisiana are unaware that VAERS exists and then the article attempts to use that same VAERS to show that more children died from Covid vaccines than from the virus itself. Oh, and says potential long term effects are shocking, yet provides no sources to support the claim. I call BS.

In other words...this article is completely useless and written by an amateur.
Theres clearly a video of her in a court room testifying. Do you think shes putting her career and reputation on the line to lie for no reason? I understand your frustration with the situation. If your views perfectly align with corporate media, big tech, big pharma, mega elites and Hollywood royalty... Maybe...perhaps...just maybe...you aren't as socially aware and awake as you think you are.

Can you give an example of “restrictions getting tighter and tighter”? But yes as a matter of viral evolution there will be variant after variant but hopefully they will continue to get more manageable - but are you trying to say that expected viral evolution is evidence of the grand ‘control the population’ conspiracy?
New Orleans...... 2 weeks to flatten the curve followed by mandate after mandate to now unvaccinated can't go in restaurants in bars. When we told you this was there plan 2 years ago, we were called conspiracy theorist. These restrictions are destroying the city, other cities and states are completely wide open. I really hope we can all come together, I still have faith we will all unite to stop this madness.

I got the stupid vaccine, and got Covid anyway and it had me down about 5 days.
My neighbor across the street did not get the vaccine, got Covid also (a little before I did), and was down 2 days.

We are about the same age and physical condition. I know there is more to it than that, but...

Vaccine sucks.
While I hate to hear that you got Covid, it sounds to me like the vaccine did its job and kept you out of the hospital / morgue.

New Orleans...... 2 weeks to flatten the curve followed by mandate after mandate to now unvaccinated can't go in restaurants in bars. When we told you this was there plan 2 years ago, we were called conspiracy theorist. These restrictions are destroying the city, other cities and states are completely wide open. I really hope we can all come together, I still have faith we will all unite to stop this madness.

You still very much are a conspiracy theorist and maintain an inaccurate view of the facts. I don't see how that's a basis to then say you just hope people can "come together". But what exactly does "coming together" mean to you? What is it that you think needs to happen?

The "flatten the curve" thing was just weeks into the pandemic, which was a novel virus sweeping across the globe with substantial lethality - presenting a situation that was unique to itself, there was no playbook for this. But here's the thing: in most places, the early mitigation measures ("shut down") failed to contain the virus, so they were removed. And other mitigation measures, such as mask mandates, remained in many places but it clearly followed the state of the outbreak. You cite New Orleans but isn't it true that the indoor mask mandate was removed when the situation improved and community spread was reduced to very low numbers? Isn't it true that it only came back in December when a new variant was presenting dramatic jumps in community spread? Isn't Mardi Gras happening in 2022? This is not a history of things getting "tighter and tighter" - that's just false.

You're right that what drove the new round of mitigation in late 2021 in many places (not all, by the way) was a new variant that spread like wildfire. But there's already a history of mitigation measures going away when community spread goes down, and we can expect that will happen again. In many places, Omicron did not result in new measures. Many cities and states did not impose new mitigation. Many businesses did not start requiring masks again. How does that fit your presentation?

You didn't answer my question about variants being a natural product of viral evolution, so I still don't understand your angle on variants. If a new variant emerges (they will, it's part of the viral evolution) that causes dramatic new community spread and again packs the hospitals, is your view that we should "come together" and no nothing in response to them? Again, many places indeed did nothing new for Omicron and that might be where we're headed. But response intended to suppress community spread and resulting stress on the healthcare system and other systems are not conspiracies, they're efforts by human beings (who are fallible) to respond to important factors and metrics in their jurisdictions. The fact that there is so much variation in how these things are done in different localities should demonstrate that the "trying to control us" conspiracy is silly.

You still very much are a conspiracy theorist and maintain an inaccurate view of the facts. I don't see how that's a basis to then say you just hope people can "come together". But what exactly does "coming together" mean to you? What is it that you think needs to happen?

The "flatten the curve" thing was just weeks into the pandemic, which was a novel virus sweeping across the globe with substantial lethality - presenting a situation that was unique to itself, there was no playbook for this. But here's the thing: in most places, the early mitigation measures ("shut down") failed to contain the virus, so they were removed. And other mitigation measures, such as mask mandates, remained in many places but it clearly followed the state of the outbreak. You cite New Orleans but isn't it true that the indoor mask mandate was removed when the situation improved and community spread was reduced to very low numbers? Isn't it true that it only came back in December when a new variant was presenting dramatic jumps in community spread? Isn't Mardi Gras happening in 2022? This is not a history of things getting "tighter and tighter" - that's just false.

You're right that what drove the new round of mitigation in late 2021 in many places (not all, by the way) was a new variant that spread like wildfire. But there's already a history of mitigation measures going away when community spread goes down, and we can expect that will happen again. In many places, Omicron did not result in new measures. Many cities and states did not impose new mitigation. Many businesses did not start requiring masks again. How does that fit your presentation?

You didn't answer my question about variants being a natural product of viral evolution, so I still don't understand your angle on variants. If a new variant emerges (they will, it's part of the viral evolution) that causes dramatic new community spread and again packs the hospitals, is your view that we should "come together" and no nothing in response to them? Again, many places indeed did nothing new for Omicron and that might be where we're headed. But response intended to suppress community spread and resulting stress on the healthcare system and other systems are not conspiracies, they're efforts by human beings (who are fallible) to respond to important factors and metrics in their jurisdictions. The fact that there is so much variation in how these things are done in different localities should demonstrate that the "trying to control us" conspiracy is silly.

Aw man, don't harsh Kev's mellow. I mean, he like knows something real and truthful that the rest of us that follow data and science don't know....it so very important for him to know this and spread his wisdom.....so I can LMAO at his BS!!!!!!!!

Stop it how? By doing nothing? We have 900,000 dead in just over 2 years with the madness. This page illustrates the disparity of death rates in vaccinated and unvaccinated populations:

Literally 90 times more unvaccinated folks die per 100,000 than vaccinated and boosted folks.

So, what exactly do we do to end the madness? Put our fingers in our ears and go "La La La" until the problem goes away?

I'm fine with the fact that many do not like the situation or how governments are handling the situation. But I take issue with the fact that no reasonable alternatives on how to handle the situation instead never seems to be offered.

So, exactly what should be done?

SFIAH

One quibble on the bolded part.
I know you meant to highlight that C19 was a novel virus, unknown until it began doing damage but there absolutely WAS a playbook on how to handle viral outbreaks. That playbook was thrown away because leadership at the time froze in crisis and decided to pretend nothing was happening.

I know you meant to highlight that C19 was a novel virus, unknown until it began doing damage but there absolutely WAS a playbook on how to handle viral outbreaks. That playbook was thrown away because leadership at the time froze in crisis and decided to pretend nothing was happening.

Just back yesterday from a week long Legendary Blues Cruise to the Eastern Carribbean. Fully vaxxed a requirement to go for patrons and employees of HAL. PCR test required 24-48 hours prior to departure. Rapid test performed at the Port before departure. Boat was at 55% capacity. Masks required when indoors (elevators, hallways, buffet line and indoor venues) except when eating or drinking. Mask compliance was 100%. Nobody bitchin' or moanin' about wearing the mask or trying to be difficult about it. Cruise line employee would furnish a KN95 if you happen to forgot yours in your room.

ZERO Covid cases reported during the cruise.

Just back yesterday from a week long Legendary Blues Cruise to the Eastern Carribbean. Fully vaxxed a requirement to go for patrons and employees of HAL. PCR test required 24-48 hours prior to departure. Rapid test performed at the Port before departure. Boat was at 55% capacity. Masks required when indoors (elevators, hallways, buffet line and indoor venues) except when eating or drinking. Mask compliance was 100%. Nobody bitchin' or moanin' about wearing the mask or trying to be difficult about it. Cruise line employee would furnish a KN95 if you happen to forgot yours in your room.

ZERO Covid cases reported during the cruise.
Awesome!

Didn’t think you’d return. Props for that. Now, either come in and participate in earnest or you won’t be long for this thread. You can start by replying to Superchuck’s reply as he addressed you with logic and reason. This thread and the other COVID threads here have addressed just about every issue on the subject (including your “point”) from all sides in about as fair a manner as you will find.

You’re welcome to refute anything, but it will have to be better than cutting and pasting video clips from your like-minded conspirators.

Last edited:
And that's a fact. Kind of. They threw out the playbook before this when they were cleaning house. The denial of facts from the head burying ostrich-like leadership was astonishing. smh.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom