Do not like the changes at all (1 Viewer)

looking good

definately updates the site. Makes everything look more clean. New era of football, new site to discuss it.

Its definitely different. Interesting graphics I must say. I do like some of the new features for sure! Andrus, just out of curiosity, this version seems to be a bit less "graphic" oriented was the old site a bear to manage compared to this one?

Dr. Mudlobster...

This board was built for speed and high volume traffic. Which unfortunately meant that I couldn't be as creative graphically as I would have liked.

How much work will you have to put into managing this board?

Well... honestly... Every extra hour that I have. I am not alone in that either. Ask Dan in Lafayette how much time he has put in over the past three years. Pretty staggering. Many of the Admins and Mods put in a lot of time. This is a big board with many 1000's of active users and 1000's of posts each day. Lots of member support. Lots of techinical support! Lots of tracking aliasing banned members and trying to enlighten others that push the envelope. Lots of server-side maintenance. Lots of news to post up (that isn't automated). It's a second job... only we don't get paid a dime for it. And that's the gods honest truth.

But we all do it because we love the Saints and this community. We want to keep it a place where decent folk can continue to enjoy it. Unfortunately, we may seem like the gestapo to some people, but we have standards and we are always going to do what it takes to keep this a civil community. Due to the fact that there are always going to be people out there who try to push the envelope to the limits, sometimes we have to crack down hard to maintain our standards. That's the nature of the beast here. It goes around in circles.

Nice job Big A

Looking good,I'll have to set all the options and such.maybe get a new avatar,sig. etc etc etc

Thanks Andrus

i like it, it will jus take some time to get use to it, so once that happens ill be good

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom