Kamara extended! (5yrs/$77M) [merged] (1 Viewer)

These type of deals and the way we handled Cam and Peat and CGM iare one of the main reasons a small market cap team like the Saints can attract the top talent in the league. Simply, the Saints are one of the most player caring teams and SP is fiercely loyal to those players who give all out for the team. I'm glad we kept Kamara, afraid we paid him too much for a RB, but SB this year!

What does this mean for Lattimore and Ram?? Those two seem significantly more important to the future of our franchise than Kamara.

Both are under contract for this year and the next. Ramczyk is not going anywhere, Lattimore we'll see... but I'm confident Loomis will get it done

Meh... it’s not my money, so good for AK. IMHO, it’s a little too much to pay for a RB coming off an injury plagued season and a history of knee issues... but whatever.
Here’s hoping he stays healthy and motivated... and also hoping that Davenport and Anzalone can also find a healthy season! 🤞🏻

Kamara is more valuable than just his production. He is a multiplier. With defenses having to simply account for him recievers such as MT and Sanders have a great chance of seeing single coverage. It also prevents other teams from keying in on COOK who is a big time playmaker. Trick plays involving Taysom and Deonte are a lot easier to execute due to Kamaras presence. Plus with two highly proven WRs on offense now there is no telling how efficient Kamaras production is going to be.

Very excited we extended Alvin! Love what he brings to the team, and IMO, he is right up there with McCaffrey! That said, McCaffrey has proven much more durable and capable of carrying more workload than AK, and that's where I'm not comfortable with paying him $15 mil/season.

I think $13 mil/year was the number for Alvin, and while I don't think $2 mil/year is going to make or break us this year, I still feel like this was an overpay. In a vacuum, Alvin is worth this contract, but I'm not sure that applies here when you consider his durability issues and the shared touches he takes.

Still, this is a great day! A healthy AK is a true game changer, and we locked him up through his prime.
I'm late to this party and this may already have been pointed out, but he is being paid c.$13m per year. It's an extension to his contract, so it's $77m over 6 years

Dope contract , hes happy im happy. Also its not a crazy salary compared to CMC and others , but we can also trade that contract if hes not performing up to snuff.

I hope you understand that after Brees, we're going into rebuilding mode. 12m/y RB is not very wise in rebuilding mode.
Yes, we are. It's just gonna be a soft rebuild. Starting with drafting a new QB.

Yes, we are. It's just gonna be a soft rebuild. Starting with drafting a new QB.

There are definitely going to be some changes. A QB on a rookie salary could help. We're going to have to let some pieces go. I don't think we can pay both Arm and Ram. I think we may move Ram to LT because that's the kind of money he's going to want.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom