Kamara extended! (5yrs/$77M) [merged] (2 Viewers)

In Brees/MT/AK, do we have the most expensive Triplets in the league?

We've been rebuilding for years called it's retooling. We don't need to do a suck for Luck or blow for Joe type of rebuild, this is a stacked young team with 2 good QBs already on the roster that could take over when Brees is done.

Good contract and glad it is done now.

Time to sign Ram and Lat in that order.

In Brees/MT/AK, do we have the most expensive Triplets in the league?

I think Dallas has us beat because Dak’s franchise tag is 31mil and Drew is at 25mil/yr. Zeke and Kamara are paid about the same. MT and Amari are about the same.

All the moves we are making are about building a bridge to a future w/out drew at qb
Having a kamara helps vs hurts that process
Exactly. I’m sure Payton and Loomis are planning on a rookie QB sooner than later, and having established linemen, a star WR, and a star RB will make the transition a hell of a lot easier.

Damn that was a huge chunk of change. I don’t know how I feel about it yet. Not too many teams are successful that pay a running back & wide receiver top 5 money for their positions, if any. I love Kamara, but don’t think paying a running back is smart. I’m glad we have him here for sure. I just hope we don’t end up regretting it

Good for AK. Lots of tough work ahead to keep Ramcyk, Latt...and maybe Jameis too!

Very excited we extended Alvin! Love what he brings to the team, and IMO, he is right up there with McCaffrey! That said, McCaffrey has proven much more durable and capable of carrying more workload than AK, and that's where I'm not comfortable with paying him $15 mil/season.

I think $13 mil/year was the number for Alvin, and while I don't think $2 mil/year is going to make or break us this year, I still feel like this was an overpay. In a vacuum, Alvin is worth this contract, but I'm not sure that applies here when you consider his durability issues and the shared touches he takes.

Still, this is a great day! A healthy AK is a true game changer, and we locked him up through his prime.

So how long do you think McCaffery is going to hold up being 60-70% of the Panthers offense? He was starting to show some wear and tear the last couple of games last year.

I give him another season or two at the most and he'll be done.

Sharing the workload is the best thing that can happen to a running back.

Curious to see how much is in years 4 and 5. Cook got $12 million less and over $6 million less guaranteed. That's a bigger difference than I would have expected.

Most knew this was gonna happen when we drafted great in 2017. It's a good problem to have.

I believe that Ram, Lattimore and Kamara have earned big contracts. Marcus Williams needs to prove it this year. Hendrickson shouldn't get top $$ but I wouldn't mind him back on the team for a reasonable price b/c he is a solid rotational player for us. AA won't get top $$ either and he has to prove he can stay healthy for any type of contract going forward.

Very excited we extended Alvin! Love what he brings to the team, and IMO, he is right up there with McCaffrey! That said, McCaffrey has proven much more durable and capable of carrying more workload than AK, and that's where I'm not comfortable with paying him $15 mil/season.
McCaffrey's getting used up. Nothing's a guarantee but hopefully for him, AK will have a longer career to make more money.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom