Shooter incident at elementary school in Uvalde, Texas - 19 children and 2 adults dead (1 Viewer)

No actually, i want to amend my post above- this isnt a ‘world’ problem, this is a uniquely American problem… We have a broken country , afaik this type of thing doesn’t happen in many (any?) countries outside of America, on an almost daily basis, or this extreme.. and as ive said for 10 yrs, if Sandy Hook didn’t change much (dont insult me with the minuscule measures that got implemented last year)- then i dont see how it changes .. some of the things ive seen on the news today out of Virginia are downright insane.. they interviewed one lady who was holding her kid who had been in the classroom where the teacher got shot and the mom said “We live in a crazy world”.. No ! This isnt a ‘world’ problem, we live in a crazy AMERICA.. then the superintendent of schools got interviewed and his quote was “Today our students learned about gun violence”.. as if it’s just another lesson all students should learn and get graded on their understanding.. Absolute madness .

A lot of parents teach their kids how to shoot from a very young age. Some take their kids hunting, to the range, etc.

Kids brains aren’t fully developed and the male brain isn’t fully developed until ~25. You can’t just have guns accessible to your children - no matter the age. Kids lie, they pretend to be a much more well behaved person in front of their parents than they do around their peers. It’s just part of being a kid.

I am always annoyed when people try to excuse crap and say “little Johnny knew our guns were not to be played with. He was a good boy! We never thought anything like this would happen”. Like no, Johnny should never have unsupervised access to any guns no matter how good a kid he is because kids make bad decisions all the time. Even the best of them.

I am not anti-guns but I also think that there is far too much irresponsibility with too many ‘responsible’ gun owners (and irresponsible gun owners) and not enough scrutiny for people to be allowed to possess a gun legally therefore ending up in the wrong hands to think that status quo is fine.

The adults need to start being charged when this stuff happens.
Everything you say is absolutely true. I think I didn't make my point very well.
It unsettles me in a big way that a 6 year old has that kind of hate within themselves. What is this kid's life like at home? Think about when you (we) were 6 years old. My siblings and myself fought like a bunch of savages and there was always some playground fights, but in the end we still loved each other or were friends again 10 minutes later.
Guess I'm getting old because I can't wrap my mind around this.

Everything you say is absolutely true. I think I didn't make my point very well.
It unsettles me in a big way that a 6 year old has that kind of hate within themselves. What is this kid's life like at home? Think about when you (we) were 6 years old. My siblings and myself fought like a bunch of savages and there was always some playground fights, but in the end we still loved each other or were friends again 10 minutes later.
Yeah I mean my to mention something along these lines as well. When I got mad at 6 years old, I would threaten to run away or go pout in my room or something. Never was I like “hey let me grab dad’s gun and kill so and so”.

So many people expose their children to stuff at a young age that they simply aren’t ready for. What happened to childhood innocence? Some people really don’t need to have children.

Toddler in diapers outside with a handgun is a new one. Yikes! :covri:
Outside barefoot in diapers, no shirt in January in Indiana with a loaded gun.

‘Murrica. Apparently Beech Grove Indiana is full of the ‘people of Wal-Mart’ types so this seems on script. Dad probably on meth. Mom too.

Outside barefoot in diapers, no shirt in January in Indiana with a loaded gun.

‘Murrica. Apparently Beech Grove Indiana os full of the ‘people of Wal-Mart’ types so this seems on script. Dad probably on meth. Mom too.
One is on meth and the other is probably next door banging the neighbor.

Another child learning at a young age that violence is the only way to solve their problems. Other coping strategies don’t enter into the equation.

Another child learning at a young age that violence is the only way to solve their problems. Other coping strategies don’t enter into the equation.
And yell and scream at the top of their lungs if the school gets their kid in trouble for hitting someone.

I think the baby stole the gun. Perhaps as part of some larger baby crime syndicate

This isn’t bad parenting, this is the beginning of a criminal’s career

Seriously this story doesn’t surprise me at all. Ok well maybe a little. Baby with a gun, baby alone in a stairwell. I have seen both terrible parenting moves but never combined.

I have no idea where this hick town is in the state but as someone who lived in Indiana solely due to college, and promptly moved out the moment I was done, southern Indiana Is Kentucky, and the Chicago suburbs on the Indiana border are either no place you want to be (La Porte, Gary etc) or full of crazy people (Munster and Hammond). I dated a girl from Munster and she was certifiable. Family was even worse. Fights at weddings bad.

Parents in a suburban Kentucky school district have sent a clear message to administrators: They don’t want a teenager who is alleged to have created a “kill list” of students back in the classroom with their children.

The worried parents spoke out last week after they learned that the Boone County Board of Education had allowed the 14-year-old to return to school despite having been charged with second-degree terroristic threats.

“Whatever help he has gotten, he is still a threat,” worried parent Deanne Corbin said at a school board meeting in Boone County, which is just across the Ohio River from Cincinnati, according to NBC affiliate WLWT.

Rob Bidleman, who said his child was on the teenage teen’s “active kill list,” struggled to contain his emotions as he described hearing about the development from Andy Wyckoff, the Conner High School principal.

“When I received the call from the principal, it was emotionally devastating,” Bidleman said. “All I could think about was my child was in danger when they did nothing wrong.”

Another parent, Karen Wells, said Wyckoff has been put into a difficult situation, because his own son was one of the threatened students…..

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom