Star Trek: Strange New Worlds (1 Viewer)

Pike, Number One and Spock were pretty decent, all the other characters sucked. Terrible. More like and episode of Another Life then Star Trek, but that's all Trek is anymore are female characters mouthing off and interrupting all episode long acting completely unprofessional Starfleet officers. The only way to watch the show is view it all (SNW, Discover & Picard) as a reboot of star trek. Its not prime timeline trek, no even close. Hell at this point, I would take the JJ Abrams movies over this crap.

Yet another good episode....

I'm just tired of what feels like lazy writing. They knew the storm was there and when it would hit, yet they stayed until the last second, putting everyone in danger. And why couldn't they have just stayed in orbit until the storm passed, then went down in relative safety? I like the story and how it was driven but, they could have done a better job. Maybe the storm changed course? Increased speed? Done anything unpredictable? Almost anything but do exactly what they predicted it would do and they still get caught in it....Just feels lazy.

Pike, Number One and Spock were pretty decent, all the other characters sucked. Terrible. More like and episode of Another Life then Star Trek, but that's all Trek is anymore are female characters mouthing off and interrupting all episode long acting completely unprofessional Starfleet officers. The only way to watch the show is view it all (SNW, Discover & Picard) as a reboot of star trek. Its not prime timeline trek, no even close. Hell at this point, I would take the JJ Abrams movies over this crap.
I have yet to read a positive opinion from you about . . . well, just about anything. Do you honestly hate every song, book, tv show or movie ever created? How do you feel about puppies?

I have yet to read a positive opinion from you about . . . well, just about anything. Do you honestly hate every song, book, tv show or movie ever created? How do you feel about puppies?
Pretending crap is not crap, doesn't not make it crap. The Halo series on Paramount Plus is good. That and The Witcher are the only scifi shows made in the last 3 years. Puppies grow into dogs that piss all over floors, no, i don't like puppies.

Came back to add that Hemmer is quickly becoming a favorite character for me. Did you know the actor is actually blind? I hope that he continues to be developed and gets more screen time.

Came back to add that Hemmer is quickly becoming a favorite character for me. Did you know the actor is actually blind? I hope that he continues to be developed and gets more screen time.
Thus far, Hemmer is used far too little.

It's from the shirtty, pathetic, cannot-be-reviled-enough STD timeline, but I'm liking it. It's like the creators have watched TOS and TNG and actually liked it.
The hopeful tone where humanity has actually progressed as a species and it's just taken as read is where SNW gets it right.

Thus far, Hemmer is used far too little.

I'm interested to see how they develop his character. Here's a good read with a bonus Tweet about Bruce Horak who plays Hemmer..

Since SNW seems to be a hit, I'd imagine it's going to run for a few seasons. I wonder how long they give Hemmer before he departs, since there will eventually be a pretty famous engineer in charge of the Enterprise. The question really becomes does he depart because he dies or gets a new assignment.

Since SNW seems to be a hit, I'd imagine it's going to run for a few seasons. I wonder how long they give Hemmer before he departs, since there will eventually be a pretty famous engineer in charge of the Enterprise. The question really becomes does he depart because he dies or gets a new assignment.
I don't think Scottie served under Pike, only Kirk.

I don't think Scottie served under Pike, only Kirk.
But surely we'll get a "passing the torch" situation, right? Even if it is the last episode. I'd just rather see Hemmer go on to maybe teach at the Academy or something like that rather than die.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom