Food The Recipe Thread [tm--CajunCook] (1 Viewer)

I found a really interesting recipe for linguini and clam sauce. I was wondering though, would it be ok to use half the recommended amount of butter and add a heavy creme to to the sauce? I seem to think it would make the sauce even more hearty and creamier.
Thanx for the feedback !

Hi everybody! With all of these good recipes floating around, I would like to take a moment to ask if anyone has any good whole grain recipes they would like to share?

My wife and I have had an interest in completely integrating whole grains into our diet for some time. We have decided to pretty much eliminate refined foods from our diets and are working to convert many of our recipes to whole grain. We have quiet a few already, and we decided to create a website to kind of parallel our efforts. It is only a couple of weeks old, and I've spent most of the time developing and testing the functionality. Now we plan to build the recipe database.

It's a non-commercial site that includes a recipe book and a forum to discuss whole grain cooking. We hope to build a community of people with similar interests to share recipes and exchange ideas. If anyone has a recipe they would like to share, please go to www.wholegraingourmet.com, create an account, and submit it.

I would be very grateful for your efforts.

Happy New Year, and Aloha!

Dre

Chips and Salsa.

Buy a bag of chips.
Buy a jar of salsa.

Pour chips in a bowl or eat from the bag.
Pour salsa in a dipping bowl or leave in jar.

Dip chips in salsa and eat. Serves as many as you put out for.

:17:

TPS

Chips and Salsa.

Buy a bag of chips.
Buy a jar of salsa.

Pour chips in a bowl or eat from the bag.
Pour salsa in a dipping bowl or leave in jar.

Dip chips in salsa and eat. Serves as many as you put out for.

:17:

TPS

Which I would have seen this ealier. I already have my steaks marinating and have the shrimps seasoned and ready to grill.

I guess Ill give that a shot next time.

Does anyone have a good recipe for grilled fish on the bbq pit? My freind's dad use to do that all the time and it was great. Had sort of a bbq taste to it. Also whats the best type of fish to grill. (the wife doesnt like strong tasting fish)

Does anyone have a good recipe for grilled fish on the bbq pit? My freind's dad use to do that all the time and it was great. Had sort of a bbq taste to it. Also whats the best type of fish to grill. (the wife doesnt like strong tasting fish)

Tuna steaks are great for grilling and don't require a lot of prep work. Keep it simple and you won't go wrong. There are a lot of fish marinades out there if you chose to use one. I like to use just some Tony's, black pepper, garlic powder and some melted butter.

SAINTREB'S DRUNK CHICKEN SOUP

Ingredients:

Two roasted/cooked chickens from your local Grocer--preferably a roasted, rotisserie chicken.
Nearly one box of Chicken Broth
chopped smoked sausage
Two bags of baby carrots (don't even bother chopping them unless you'd like--I didn't because I was intoxicated and didn't feel like chopping anymore)
4 stalks of celery, chopped
4 cloves of garlic, chopped
1.5 potatoes, chopped.
1 yeller onion, chopped
Spices: oregano, thyme, parsley, salt, pepper, dash of cayenne.

Boil down cooked chicken, bones and all in the broth
throw in the rest of the ingredients.
Cook down for 7-8 hours.

Last edited:
I call it chicken fricase but it may be something else entirely.

Take a whole cut up chicken or about a pound and a half of boneless skinless chicken.
season with salt and pepper(don't be shy).

cut up some gahlic. a head should do it.

Heat up a pan thats big enough to put all of your chicken and a decent amount of gravy when finished together.

Coat your chicken in flour and slightly brown it on both sides in butter using about a 3rd of your garlic in the process. And at least a half o stick of butter.

Now I don't have exact measurments here but you can figure it out.

After chicken is browned on both sides add some water until you think it would make enough gravy to serve over noodles and chicken for whoever is eating

Bring to a slight boil and stir in some more flour to thicken gravy.

After you get your gravy to a slightly thinner consistency than your liking add the rest of your garlic and the other half of the butter stick.

Maybe a little more salt and pepper to your taste and cook for 30 mins to an hour on med low/simmer type of heat covered depending on your desired falling of the bonedness of your chicken. With a lower heat for a longer cook time.

Stir every about every 10 or 15 mins.

Serve over boiled eggnoodles with the veggie of your choice.

I prefer it with some green beans thrown together with pepper and onions and a lil garlic/butter in a skillet or small frying pan whatever.

Goes good with stomach acid.

TORTILLA SOUP
(10-12 people)

5 chicken breast
2 cans of rotel
2 cans of cream style corn
2 cans of whole kernel corn (undrained)
3 onions
8 tsp of minced garlic
2 8oz Velveeta
3 tsp chili powder
6 tsp cumin
4 tsp cilantro
3 tsp salt
1 tsp Tony’s
1 pack of taco seasoning mix
8 14oz cans of chicken broth

Sauté onions and garlic until 50% done, add chicken, onion powder and garlic powder continue to sauté until chicken is cooked.
Add remaining ingredients (except to cheese).
Cover and cook over low heat for one hour.
Add cheese and cook for 30 minutes stirring often.
Make a paste with butter and flour or add corn starch to thicken if desired while stirring often.
Serve with tortilla chips and sour cream for some extra Oh Yeah!

Anyone have a good recipe for Shrimp Stew?

I've been craving a good shrimp stew, but I need a new recipe.

Preferably not too many veggies, onions are fine, but not much else. I know I'm asking for alot but I'm a picky eater..lol

Thanks

Awesome Home Fries ... For Breakfast or along side your steak...

Red Potatoes
Paprika
Oregano
Garlic
Onion
Bell pepper
Jalaleno pepper(optional)
Olive oil

Boil or Microwave the patotes till slightly under cooked (3 potatoes a serving is about right depending on size)

Chop the Peppers onions and garlic into small bits

Cut the potatoes into about 1" x 1" peices...

coat the bottom of a frying pan with about 1/8th inch of olive oil..

add the potatoes and immediatly coat them with paprika .. be generous .. then add the oregano (about a 1/2 teaspoon per 3 potatoes give or take)

let it cook for about 1 min constantly turning and mixing...

add the chopped peppers onions and garlic.... continue to turn the potatoes untill the oil is gone and the potatoes begin to brown from the heat.... they will already be a dark red color from the paprika... but you are looking for that crispy brown coating...

Garnish with a sprinkle of oregano... (just looks cool with the green)

Enjoy..

I just stumbled across this thread. I have to say I will be spending some extra time in the kitchen.

:worthy:

Last edited:
Homeade Baked Potato Soup

Cooking time: bout 30 min.

2/3 cup of margarine
1/3 cup of flour
7 cups of milk
4 large baked potatoes (cooled-peeled and lightly mashed)
4 green onions chopped
2 or 3 tables spoons of bacon greese (yum)
crumbled bacon
3 cups of chredded cheese
1 cup of sour cream
salt and pepper to taste

In a large pot, melt butter and saute the green onions. Stir in flour and heat untle smooth. Keep stirring. Gradually add milk, stirring constantly until thinkened. Add potatoes and bring to a boil stirring constantly. Reduce heat and simmer about 10 min. Add remaining ingredients. Only add about 1 1/2 cup of the cheese. Save the rest to top your bowl of soup off.

Serves a ton of people and is great. Something mom taught me.

anyone have a restaurant style fried shrimp. i could never get the batter down. too much flour or fish fry stuff. I just want a crunchy batter. flour is bland and that corn stuff is to grainy.

HOT Hot sauce

I got this froma friend and all I can say is WOW this is HOT!!!

Anyone interested in making a TRUE hot sauce?

here are the ingredients:

5 tomatillos
3 Habanero chiles
2 Jalapeno chiles (medium size) Use fresh not pickled for better flavor
1 slice of onion
1/4 cup of cilantro
3 garlic pieces...PEELED!
-Add two tea spoons of Salt.

Boil the tomatillos 15 mins. in hot water.

Put all the ingredients in the blender, and blend for a minute or 45 secs.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom