2024 Tropical Weather Thread (21 Viewers)

Great.

One thing is the blocking high pressure looks to be over us around time it enters Gulf so that's something to hope verifies
Plus, unlike typhoons or cyclones, hurricanes can only reach a certain intensity, strength and power scope before it gets too strong over the next 3-4 days and begins falling apart a bit before it hits Yucatan Peninsula presumably by late Friday or Saturday. I don't perceive this storm maintaining this intensity and strength at this peak before internal combustion sets in and it starts weakening. Thankfully for us and those living in the Yucatan Peninsula and Southern Mexican GOM coastline, Beryl "getting too strong, too fast" will be a benefit for not striking around Cozumel at a Cat 4 or 5.

Update: the most recent NHC Beryl Advisory has Beryl going into southern Yucatan Peninsula/Belizean border very early Friday morning on its most recent 5-day tracking forecast and re-entering Bay of Campeche as a Tropical Storm late Friday night.

Last edited:
Thanks for posting that - wife and I watched it. Prayers for Carriacou and all of you there.
Thanks. I feel bad for the people here, they think they know but dont have a clue. Eyewall replacement looks like it may prevent a complete razing but not sure it will matter.

Looks like the thicker part of the convection starting to move into the area of the islands.

Last edited:
Thanks for updating. Poor people.

i watched their live stream a bit last night and saw the video of locals literally using rope to "strap down" their roof ( over the roof and under the foundation )

Im very curious to see if this provides any sort of reinforcement- I cant imagine the pressures/lbs per sq inch involved with 120mph + winds and the force exerted on the roof and ropes holding in place. But sure would make for interesting study. Especially for areas where metal roofs are the more popular.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom