I hope Kubiak doesn't call games like Kyle (3 Viewers)

Yep. I hope they end up paying him like a top 5 QB because he's a guy that needs help around him and they won't be able to afford it if he gets a big contract.
We saw a little bit of that this year with the Eagles. Once they paid Hurts their GM Howie Rosen
couldn't wheel and deal like he's accustomed too.

Agreed brother. I'm not going to put it all on Shanahan and I'm dang not going to put this win on Mahomes. Special teams was the deciding facts but that 3rd down rush from Jones was the game winner. 1/2 second more and that's probably a TD.

LOL.....did you see Chris Jones get to him? We can say what Mahomes would or wouldn't do but trying to say that Purdy can't win the game for you and Mahomes can takes away what the defense really brought. Things outside of Mahomes turned the game and if anything, the defense were the stars of the show, but I get it..
Why don’t you like to give credit to Mahomes? Yeah this year his defense has been lights out, but Andy left this dude with only Kelce and an almost good RB in Pacheco. It’s complimentary football. He makes plays when he needs to. He’s ELITE and now the GOAT

Mahomes was mediocre for just about the whole game till Wilks blew it. But this game was more about special teams mistakes than Mahomes or Purdy

Mahomes was Mahomes, just like in 2020 and 2023. The guy is uncanny at flipping the switch when they've gotta have it. Then he's masterful. I will always give him credit. Plus, he has fewer weapons than the Niners.

As for Shanny, all we read here all week was what a genius he is. Right now, he's 0-2 as a head coach in Super Bowls, both in games his team choked away leads late. And, he has the 28-3 albatross, because the Falcons ran pass plays in FG territory where all they had to do was run or take a knee, kick a field goal, and ice that game.

Fun night to to root against the Forty Winers and their not-Bill-Walsh genius head coach.

I mean every QB makes a play every now and then and it's magnified in a playoff game. So sure Purdy is going to occasionally make plays but he's an average mid-level QB. He's basically Cousins or Carr who also both occasionally make plays but not consistently enough to be upper level QBs. As far as Mahomes, he like every other QB, is somewhat a product of the system they are in, but he does have the ability to make plays outside of the plan that separates him. He didn't really do that tonight and hasn't a lot this year, but he's certainly shown he is capable of it and part of that this year was a decision by Reid to stop being so aggressive on offense and going for the big play when he had a very good defense.
You know Cousins played way better than Mahomes before being injured this season right? I don't know how many was really paying attention but Cousins was playing at an MVP level and the Vikings were finding their groove.

And saying Mahomes is somewhat a product of the system ignores what that system produced. Has he been the "best" in that system? Yep but I also believe that the 2017 Alex Smith led Chiefs with THIS defense makes a deep playoff run, as well. What really separates Mahomes is the fact that he runs around to avoid sacks and he makes highlight throws on occasion. The truth is, when playing in the structure of the offense (which is the vast majority of the time), he is dinking and dunking all over the place

Here is his pass chart from the AFC Championship

pass-chart_MAH401939_2023-POST-21_1706502122108.jpeg

This has been par for the course since 2019...LOL. It's not a knock; it's just Andy Reid's system, and as I said, he is the best that played in it.

Why don’t you like to give credit to Mahomes? Yeah this year his defense has been lights out, but Andy left this dude with only Kelce and an almost good RB in Pacheco. It’s complimentary football. He makes plays when he needs to. He’s ELITE and now the GOAT
That's what separates Mahomes from the rest. I doubt the Chiefs starting Wr's wouldn't be starting
with anyone else. I know they wouldn't be in our starting lineup

The GOAT of what? LOL. Brady had 3SBs in 5 seasons they still wouldn't put him in the conversation with Montana. We sensationalize everything now. Let his career playout and let's see what he can actually do without Big Red and Kelce and then we can talk about if he is a GOAT or not.

The Chiefs defense has been lights out and if anyone else made plays when they need to after their defense carried them, we would call them a game manager. I give credit where credit is due? Mahomes wasn't good the vast majority of this game and the defense held it down. On a crucial 3rd down in the red zone in OT, Chris Jones disrupted that play and Shanny kicked a FG that allowed them to come down and score for the win. Mahomes made plays when he had to and I'm not taking that away from him but anybody really looking at that game can easily see how Reid's playcalling was the difference maker. Mahomes made a play with his feet, but when the vast majority of the plays on the last 2 drives were dump offs and a crossing route, we tend to overblow a lot of things. If called, Purdy makes those exact same plays..lol

That's what separates Mahomes from the rest. I doubt the Chiefs starting Wr's wouldn't be starting
with anyone else. I know they wouldn't be in our starting lineup
Nobody was saying that when Alex Smith was finishing the regular season with winning records with those WRs he had. Crap, if he had Spags' defense instead of Sutton's defense that broke down every playoffs, his story might be different.

You know Cousins played way better than Mahomes before being injured this season right? I don't know how many was really paying attention but Cousins was playing at an MVP level and the Vikings were finding their groove.

And saying Mahomes is somewhat a product of the system ignores what that system produced. Has he been the "best" in that system? Yep but I also believe that the 2017 Alex Smith led Chiefs with THIS defense makes a deep playoff run, as well. What really separates Mahomes is the fact that he runs around to avoid sacks and he makes highlight throws on occasion. The truth is, when playing in the structure of the offense (which is the vast majority of the time), he is dinking and dunking all over the place

Here is his pass chart from the AFC Championship

pass-chart_MAH401939_2023-POST-21_1706502122108.jpeg

This has been par for the course since 2019...LOL. It's not a knock; it's just Andy Reid's system, and as I said, he is the best that played in it.

Dude, you are basing everything on one play or one year. I said Mahomes didn't have a great year but you would have to be crazy to take Cousins over Mahomes over their careers.. Plus Cousins has had better targets than Mahomes since Hill left KC.

But, you clearly have an axe to grind about Mahomes that I don't care to argue about since I really don't have a strong opinion on Mahomes other than that he's on a pace to blow away Brady's records for Super Bowl wins so I think he's probably a pretty good QB. And sure, some of it is playing in Andy Reid's system, but Andy Reid's system wasn't this good before he got Mahomes.

The GOAT of what? LOL. Brady had 3SBs in 5 seasons they still wouldn't put him in the conversation with Montana. We sensationalize everything now. Let his career playout and let's see what he can actually do without Big Red and Kelce and then we can talk about if he is a GOAT or not.

The Chiefs defense has been lights out and if anyone else made plays when they need to after their defense carried them, we would call them a game manager. I give credit where credit is due? Mahomes wasn't good the vast majority of this game and the defense held it down. On a crucial 3rd down in the red zone in OT, Chris Jones disrupted that play and Shanny kicked a FG that allowed them to come down and score for the win. Mahomes made plays when he had to and I'm not taking that away from him but anybody really looking at that game can easily see how Reid's playcalling was the difference maker. Mahomes made a play with his feet, but when the vast majority of the plays on the last 2 drives were dump offs and a crossing route, we tend to overblow a lot of things. If called, Purdy makes those exact same plays..lol

Nobody was saying that when Alex Smith was finishing the regular season with winning records with those WRs he had. Crap, if he had Spags' defense instead of Sutton's defense that broke down every playoffs, his story might be different.

Come on man. Mahomes is over hyped, but the dude has won 3 of the last 4 Super Bowls. He has to get some credit for that even if he is playing in a good offense.

As far as Purdy, no he can't make the same plays as Mahomes and Mahomes does it with basically only Kelce as a target where as Purdy has Aiyuk, Deebo, McCaffery, and Kittle. Hell, SFs backup WRs are probably better than the starting WRs on the Chiefs.

I don’t get the Mahomes hate either. I get it’s boring watching the same team dominate but it’s not like the Saints have ever had any rivalry with the Chiefs. Personally, I enjoy watching him and we’ve never seen someone do what he’s doing before. Simply the best ever and only Brady is even in the same ballpark because of 7 rings.

He’s a 3x SB champion at 28, he could retire tomorrow and he’d be an undisputed top 5 QB ever. Not sure what you mean by letting his career play out, it’s already one of the best ever.

Dude, you are basing everything on one play or one year. I said Mahomes didn't have a great year but you would have to be crazy to take Cousins over Mahomes over their careers.. Plus Cousins has had better targets than Mahomes since Hill left KC.

But, you clearly have an axe to grind about Mahomes that I don't care to argue about since I really don't have a strong opinion on Mahomes other than that he's on a pace to blow away Brady's records for Super Bowl wins so I think he's probably a pretty good QB. And sure, some of it is playing in Andy Reid's system, but Andy Reid's system wasn't this good before he got Mahomes.
I have zero axe to grind. I'm not basing everything on a single season. Cousins gets hate but dude has been one of the most consistent QBs in the league, playing under various offensive systems.

Most of it is playing in Andy Reid's system and Andy Reid's system was great before Mahomes, especially in Philly. And if we look at the Alex Smith years, making Tyreek Hill WR1 changed that entire offense and they were a top 5-6 offense in the league while Mahomes was riding the bench. You know why they lost in that playoffs? Because they couldn't hold a 21-3 lead against the Titans. This AFC Championship, we saw the Chiefs not score a single point in the 2nd half and still win. Alex Smith never had that luxury..lol. But to say the system wasn't good before Mahomes just means you weren't looking at it. But I did say that Mahomes was the best to play in that system.

Come on man. Mahomes is over hyped, but the dude has won 3 of the last 4 Super Bowls. He has to get some credit for that even if he is playing in a good offense.

As far as Purdy, no he can't make the same plays as Mahomes and Mahomes does it with basically only Kelce as a target where as Purdy has Aiyuk, Deebo, McCaffery, and Kittle. Hell, SFs backup WRs are probably better than the starting WRs on the Chiefs.
Do you really look at Chiefs games? If you did, you would see the vast majority of Mahomes throws are dump offs, screens, slants, and hitting Kelce in the seam. Basically the same thing that he does now; Purdy just throws the ball further. I'm not talking about their physical ability, because Mahomes arm strength is what people loved about him. I'm talking about the offense that they actually play in. And I said that if you look at the last 2 Chiefs drives, Purdy can make every single throw that Mahomes did, and normally does.

I don’t get the Mahomes hate either. I get it’s boring watching the same team dominate but it’s not like the Saints have ever had any rivalry with the Chiefs. Personally, I enjoy watching him and we’ve never seen someone do what he’s doing before. Simply the best ever and only Brady is even in the same ballpark because of 7 rings.
Who said I hate Mahomes? I just don't overrate him at this point of his career. As I said before, let's see him without Andy Reid or Kelce before we hand out GOAT titles because as it stands right now, people don't want (or like) to hear the fact that he benefits from Reid's system. That's it. He is great and he is the best to have played under Andy Reid, but at this point in time, that man is nowhere near the GOAT list, TO ME.

He’s a 3x SB champion at 28, he could retire tomorrow and he’d be an undisputed top 5 QB ever. Not sure what you mean by letting his career play out, it’s already one of the best ever.
Tom Brady had 3 SBs at 27 when some of the greatest who has every touched a football were still on the field and the consensus was he still has a way to go. All I said is I want to see his career playout. Yall see him as one of the best ever while I just see him as the best who has played in a QB friendly, elite system. And that's not a knock against him; I just watch the games and know that the vast majority of his passes are screens, dump offs, and show throws to his first or second read in space, although we do get those highlight throws..lol.

The same could be said of Joe Montana.
I mean, you could but then you'll also have to remember that his #1 receiver was Jerry Rice and he averaged nearly 18 yards per receptions with Joe Montana as his starting QB. To put that in perspective, Tyreek Hill has never had a season with a higher Y/R than what Jerry Rice averaged from 85-90. Just saying... :shrug:

Gotta acknowledge that Rice was also the ultimate cheat code.....he could make any QB look good.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom